- Burlington Free Press – Duct Tape Parenting Proving Popular by Lynn Monty. March 22, 2013.
- Washington Post – On Parenting – Is duct tape the solution to nagging? by Janice D”Arcy. October 22, 2012.
- Washington Post – On Parenting – Realizing I’m the ‘nut job’ in the house. by Janice D’Arcy. October 30, 2012.
- Publisher’s Weekly – To Be a Better Parent, A Little Duct Tape by Elizabeth Bluemle. October 11, 2012.
- Chicago Tribune – Read the Entire Article HereScaling back, gaining more. A parent’s thrifty ways can produce a bounty of benefits for the kids. by Heidi Stevens. Tribune Newspapers. August 28, 2012
- Rutland Herald – Duct Tape Parenting? VT Author offers family fix for sticky situations. by Kevin O’Connor. August 19, 2012.
- Christian Science Monitor – Parenting advice: Author Vicki Hoefle says to stop micromanaging. by Stephanie Hanes. July 27, 2012.
- Seven Days – Keeping Kids on Track. by Kirk Kardashian. June 9, 2010.
- Chattanooga Parent – Opening the Door; The whens, wheres and hows of talking to your teen by Janis Hashe. Feb. & Mar. 2010.
- Parenting.com – 5 Ways to Raise a Grateful Child. by Patty Onderko. Dec. 2009. Web.
- Jobmob.co.il – How to Explain Being Unemployed to Children. by Jacob Share. Oct. 2009.
“…the immortal words of Vicki Hoefle, author of “Duct Tape Parenting,” “Did you bring your money?” (I count that as among the Top 5 pieces of parenting wisdom I’ve ever been given.)”…
- New York Times Motherlode –Should You Bribe Children to Behave in the Car? By KJ DELL’ANTONIA“The parenting coach Vicki Hoefle posted that the trouble with offering a reward is that the demands will escalate: “Tic Tacs are a quick fix – they’ll eventually try to upgrade to slurpees and icees etc.” Her suggestion, and many, many of you agreed, was simple and candy-free: pull the car over when the squabbling begins.”